I think in the next fifty years people are going.to.care less about traditions. People will no longer marry the way their parents did. People are still clinging on to certain traditions, but as time goes on these traditions will blend with other traditions or become dntirely new traditions on their own. It's still difficult for some people to be accepting of mixed race marriages or marriages that are outside a person's traditions.
I also think that it will be more common for people to divorce and marry ahain. The book explains that it's common for some people to marry more than once. I think this is a trend that will continue and become even more common. People will also think twice about marriage and will consoder living together instead. The book explains that some people already do this for one reason or another. I think the increase number of divorces will make people think twice about marriage and people living together without being married will become even more common.
Traditions will definitely see an end in the next few generations. Of course there will always be die hard enthusiasts however I feel that overtime they will disappear. Or rather, evolve into completely different cultures. Also, as we know the divorce rate has been steadily rising over the years it still has yet to see an end. And personally I don’t believe we will ever see it if marriage stays as it is. There are other factors of course such as the economy and such but while marriage becomes more available, I think we may also see a steep rise in cohabitation.
ReplyDelete