I found the idea of passion to be interesting. I was under the impression that passion could sustain a relationship in the long run. The book mentions that there is little evidence to suport this claim. It explains that passion often sets relationships apart in order,to have a lastin relationship something,else is needed. Research shows that passion is less central to the way we think about love than are things like intimacy. This means that a passionate relationship will eventually die out unless something occurs that helps take the relationship passed the passionate stage.
According to the book, passionate relationships are usually short term relationships that end sooner or later. Relationships meant for the long haul include things like intimacy and not just passion. This makes sense since the short term relationships I have had were full of passion, but empty of intimacy. The lasting relationships I have had have been the most intimate relationships I have had.
No comments:
Post a Comment