I think a family is anyone who lives together and share the responsibilities of the household. They don't have to be intermediate.family members. The household may consist of two or more people who make sure the things around the home that needs to get done are done. The two people also don't have to be married to call themselves a family. My definition of famoly goes beyond blod ties. A family takes care of one another and are always there when the other person needs help.
I agree with all the different types of families mentioned in the chapter. I am also not against same sex families because everyone should be allowed to be who they are without the fear of being persecuted. I liked the idea presented by Stephanie Coontz. She explains that people define family their own way. This assures that the person is part of a family that fits his or her particular needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment