Older linear models of interpersonal communication had some flaws. The models showed communication as being a one way street. It showed listeners as being passive and not sending out any messages. The interactive models showed that communication is something that involves both the speaker and the listener. The listenr often sends messages by either nodding to show that they understand or by looking away to show thta they don't care. It happens to me often. When I talk to someone it's easy to see rtight away if the person cares about what I am saying or if I might as well be talking to a wall.
For example, I was talking on the phone with my niece and she was watching television. I could tell that she was distracted. I got his from the signals she gave me. I could of kept on talking assuming that she was listening when she wasn't, but she communicated something else to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment